This blog is sequel to the above blog
Moving to Step 2 in the above diagram…
Customer (Requester) : Is the customer is committed to his / her request ? if the requester is not clear with the intention or with what he/she wants to accomplish.. in the requesting stage itself there is a negative impact of performance !! (Example: Requesting for going to a movie together !!)
Performer(Responder): It the performer is capable enough or the right person to accomplish the request ?! (If no there is a negative impact on performance)
Action: what is the expected result here ?
Conditions of satisfaction : Mutually both have to come to terms on perform the action, satisfying both of them (Very critical), here if one of them is not satisfied, it becomes a force … we might often experience this in every day life like children getting ready to school or spending together time for the same activity etc.,
Time frame: Being very specific, when we are vague like tomorrow we can do…it is not specific, tomorrow what time…
While the above details about list of attributes a requester need to fulfill, a conversational speech which is the source of performance (producing results or initiating actions) comes to different forms or acts, called as acts of speech, classified into these categories..!
1. Declarations – Change the circumstance of reality. Example couple is declared as married. Declarations must be made under valid conditions, so that what people with authority say is always respected and anything that gets in its way is eliminated.
2. Commitment – Commit the speaker to future actions (example – promises). Should be given when grounds can be supplied on request.
3. Assertions – Commit the speaker to the truth of an expression.
4. Directives (such as requests, commands, and advice) cause the listener to follow a requested action, should be well articulated, with clear and complete conditions of satisfaction, and entail the commitment of the customer to make assessments as a customer.
5. Expression – Convey a speaker attitude or emotion !!
— when we talk about conversation that produce results, when we make a request, look at if the above elements of request is adhered, what kind of impact it will have on the performance? certainly there will be positive impact on the performance.
— what about listening – do we pay attention to the above elements of requests ? if we pay attention to the above elements of listening? what kind of impact it will have on the performance in listening ?!.. Look at relationship, what kind of impact it will have on the relationship ?
………..More about the conversations that produce results in the next blog…!